Metropolitan City of Venice
“Recent trends in climate sciences, adaptation and mitigation” is the title of the SISC Sixth Annual Conference, taking place on October 17th-19th, 2018 at the Scientific Campus of Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, Venezia-Mestre, Italy.
The Conference aims at connecting leading scientists, researchers, economists, practitioners, business leaders, and policy makers, whose activities are focused on different aspects of climate change, its impacts and related policies.
The Conference is an important interdisciplinary platform for the presentation of new advances and research results in the fields of science and management of climate change.
Topics of interest include:
– Global carbon and other biogeochemical cycles and feedbacks
– Future global climate: scenario-based projections and near-term information
– Polar climate
– The Earth’s energy budget, climate feedbacks, and climate sensitivity
– Weather and climate extreme events in a changing climate
– Linking global to regional climate change
– Mitigation pathways compatible with near- to long-term goals
– Demand, services and social aspects of mitigation
– National and sub-national policies and institutions
– Innovation, technology development and transfer
– Emissions trends and drivers
– Climate change in the Italian Mountains and the Mediterranean Region (NextData project)
– Climate services: role, application, value, challenges and opportunities for market development
– Challenges for climate change adaptation in the post Paris world